We are well on our way to the chase, and off to Kentucky for Saturday night racing! Here are your new power rankings:
1. Matt Kenseth- The points leader had a good solid top 15 at a track he is not known for success on. Looking very solid as a team.
2. Dale Earnhardt Jr.- Jr. mania continues and will for a while, this team is strong. A late race wreck, not of his own doing regulated him to a 23rd place finish on what was going to be another good day for the 88 team. Still has completed every lap this season, with a series high 12 top 10 finishes.
3. Tony Stewart- Boy was he coming, another second place finish. This two time winner in 2012 is a virtual lock for the chase and looks to add more wins.
4. Greg Biffle- Started fourth and finished seventh, a good day for the 16 team. Back to second in points, but you just get the feeling they just are not in the same conversation as the above three. Just ain't feeling, may prove me wrong.
5. Jimmie Johnson- Finished 6th, stays at fourth in points. Look for him to be there awhile with the top three in points finishing so close to him every week. Very little room for progress when everyone runs good. Just looking for more wins as is the rest of the top five in points before the chase.
These two (Dale Jr., and Johnson) are running great and will definitely be in the championship conversation as will the rest of these top five. Sorry Clint Bowyer there was no room for you in the power rankings this week, but your team seems to have found a groove. Congratulations on your first win with MWR.